What is Orthopaedics?
In order to correct and prevent skeletal deformities in patients, Orthopaedics is the most trustable and beneficial medical speciality. When any type of abnormalities are diagnosed in the skin, nerves, bones, joints, ligaments, muscles, etc., or these portions are diseased, it becomes difficult to move work and be active, affecting the overall musculoskeletal system. Moreover, metabolic conditions or even injuries can worsen the case and become life-threatening. Osteoarthritis is another form of Arthritis that is affecting adults majorly in contemporary times.
However, Exceptional Technical Advancements In The Field Have Made Prevention, Diagnosis And Treatment Of Bone And Joint Conditions Achievable For All Ages. Orthopaedic Surgeries Have Become Less Invasive, Quality Of Implantation Have Improved And Become More Durable.
Types of sports injuries
Different Sports Injuries Produce Different Symptoms And Complications. Listed Below Are Some Of The Usual Types Of Injuries Related To Sports:
- Sprains. Pieces of tissue connecting two bones with one another as a joint, commonly called a ligament can sprain due to overstretching.
- Strains. Overstretching or tearing muscles affect fibrous cords of tissue that connect bone to the muscle (tendons), resulting in a strain that is often mistaken for sprains.
- Knee injuries. Ranging from overstretching to a tear in the muscles or tissues in the knee, any injury interfering with how the knee joint moves could be a sports injury.
- Swollen muscles. Swelling is a natural reaction to an injury and swelling in the muscles can cause pain and weakness.
- Achilles tendon rupture. The tendon at the back of your ankle can break or rupture during sports. And when it does, you may experience sudden, severe pain and difficulty walking.
- Fractures. Broken bones are also called fractured bones.
- Dislocations. When a bone is forced out of its socket, it is called stated as a dislocation. It is one of the sports injuries that can be extremely painful and lead to swelling or weakness.
- Rotator cuff injury. The rotator cuff is made of four muscle pieces that help your shoulder moving in all directions. A tear in these muscles therefore cancause extreme weakness.
Sports injuries prevention
Some basic steps to prevent a sports injury are mentioned below:
- Including cardiovascular exercise, strength training, and flexibility in your fitness plan will minimize your chance of injury.
- Exercise everyday alternatively on different muscle groups.
- Calming down after every extensive exercise or warm-up is important. A two-minute gap is suggested.
- Drinking water frequently is the best way to prevent dehydration, heat exhaustion or stroke.
- Stretching exercises increases muscle contraction and boosts performance, reducing the risk for injury. So hold each stretch till the point of muscle tension for mostly 20 seconds. Note that it doesn’t extend to pain.
- Use sports equipment and accessories such as shoes that provide support and correct certain foot posture that can lead to injury.
- Play your sport learning the right techniques.
- Don’t exercise when you are tired or in pain. Resting it out is beneficial in such situations.
- Perform each repetition with the full range of motion and spare some time during strength training.
- Avoid any kind of strenuous activity if there’s a sports injury. Begin with light training to avoid stress.
Orthopedic Treatment In Mumbai
The various treatment for orthopaedic problems include:
Joint replacement services:
Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, infection and injury damages joints of the shoulder, elbow, hip and knee which becomes irreversible with soreness and disability being severe. In such cases, joint replacement surgeries helps in relieving soreness and helps the patient to move about independently and improves the quality of life. In this procedure, metallic and special polyethylene surfaces are used in the replacement of damaged cartilage and structures to restore movement. Best Orthopaedic Surgeons from House of Doctors, Mumbai with trained staff help will help in fast and painless recovery from joint replacement surgery.
Arthroscopy and sports orthopaedics services:
To treat degenerative and traumatic conditions of the shoulder, elbow, hip, knee and ankle joints of the body Arthroscopy is the preferred Orthopaedic Surgery. It entails the use of key-hole incisions and the pathology of joints are seen and treated with the help of an arthroscope and specialized instruments. Best Orthopaedic Surgeon In Mumbai at HOD with a dedicated sports physiotherapy department ensure a complete return to normalcy, quicker return to sports and continued support to all patients.
Being the Best Orthopaedic Hospital in Mumbai, House of Doctors offers a variety of daycare surgeries using the latest minimally invasive techniques. This procedure doesn’t only promote quick recovery but also grant same-day discharge. Bone implant removal, minor knee and shoulder arthroscopic procedures, plaster treatment for fractures, joint manipulation for stiff joints and removal of small tumours are a few of them.
Spine disease can make a person very weak and infirm as the human spine forms the main framework of the human body. These surgeries are done using advanced spine surgery equipment which ensures negligible complication and infection rates. Also, advanced pain management techniques help in a quicker and smooth transition to normalcy.
Trauma and emergency fracture care:
House of Doctors, the Best Orthopaedic Hospital in Mumbai is equipped with a 24-hour functioning accident and emergency care ward. Thus all the types of fracture cases are undertaken and managed comprehensively via a multi-disciplinary approach. We offer emergency and elective services for all types of bone fractures and dislocation including emergency surgeries for fracture stabilisation or joint dislocation, arterial repair and reconstruction for blood vessel injuries due to fracture, repair and reconstruction for nerve injuries, tendon repair and reconstructions, plastic surgical intervention if required and ICU support as and when needed.
Orthopaedic oncology services:
Many tumours of the bone and muscles have become treatable due to advances in technology and sciences. At HOD we treat patients for all kind of Benign and Malignant Tumours. Through the latest technology and implants, we also reconstruct bone and joints if required. We also have a full-fledged blood bank with dedicated doctors and allied professionals who cater to the pre-surgical and post-surgical needs of these patients. Finally, we at HOD provide a holistic approach to diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of patients with all orthopaedic ailments and problems.
Orthopedic Surgeons In Mumbai:
Book your consultation in a minute and plan your surgery with the Best Orthopaedic Surgeons In India at the House of Doctors. We bestow 100% success laser surgery – quick and painless and guarantee low-cost surgery in a COVID safe environment. So put an end to your search for the best orthopaedic surgeon near you and step in your hassle-free surgical experience here!
Surgical Treatments Available at House of Doctors
Why choose Laser Surgery over Conventional surgery?
Advance Laser Surgery
- Fastest recovery with No Cut, Stitches & Scars
- Painless Procedure
- No Blood Loss
- Least Recurrence Rate
- Zero Odds of Infection
- Same Day Discharge
- Free Doctor visit post surgery
- Open Surgery with multiple Cuts & Wounds
- Painful Procedure
- Heavy Blood Loss
- High Chances of Recurrence
- High Possibility of Infection
- Min. 3 Days of Hospital Stay
- Repeated Doctor visit required
Your Journey at House of Doctors
HOUSE OF DOCTORS: WHERE WE CARE FOR YOU
Reputed, Experienced & Highly Trained Medical Team
Covid Safe Environment
Post Recovery Care
Care Mate - Assistance Coordinator
No Cash Deposit
Documentation Free Journey
Surgery Financing Available
Surgery Cost Estimate
Same Day Discharge