Kidney stones are common and can affect anyone. They are hardened minerals and acid salts deposition that accumulate in concentrated urine. Passing a kidney stone can be painful but usually doesn't cause permanent damage. Top urologists at House of Doctors suggest that most stones can be treated using pain relievers and increasing water intake. However, in certain conditions, HOD advises undergoing surgical interventions for the best kidney stone treatment.
A number of kidney stone causes have been explained by urologists and medical experts at House of Doctors. Our experts believe that there might be more than one contributing factor to kidney stones -
In addition to these HOD’s urologists clearly explain some other factors/abnormalities which can birth kidney stones -
According to our health experts, symptoms of kidney stones can vary according to their size and nature. While home remedies are effective in some cases, it is always a good option to contact a trustworthy healthcare partner like House of Doctors and receive advice from top urologists.
You may experience the following symptoms -
While some kidney stone symptoms may disappear on their own, our renal medicine experts suggest contacting HOD during the onset of first symptoms.
Renal surgeons at HOD suggest keeping a check on what you consume. According to them, certain foods can stimulate the formation of kidney stones and can become harmful in the long run.
HOD lists the food which can cause kidney stones -
1. High-oxalate food: Most plants contain oxalate. These foods cannot be avoided totally but our experts suggest you limit their intake -
2. High Sodium diet: Elevated sodium levels can induce the formation of kidney stones as it increases the calcium level in urine.
3. High animal protein:
Also Read: COVID Vaccines: Myths and Facts
Our urologists advise you to get a proper diagnosis for your kidney stones to better understand the core cause of it. Before opting for any home remedies, our experts suggest consulting HOD for your renal problems.
However, as per our medical professionals, there are certain preventive measures that can be followed to have a happy kidney -
1. Consume Vegetarian alternatives
2. Reduce Sodium intake: Reducing sodium intake can effectively prevent the formation of calcium oxalate, calcium phosphate and uric acid stones.
3. Increase your calcium intake: Having a meal rich in calcium eliminates certain substances that can lead to the formation of kidney stones.
4. Keep a check on your weight: Losing weight reduces the chances of getting uric acid stones.
5. Consume plenty of liquids: Having adequate amounts of water flushes out toxins and dissolves smaller kidney stones.
6. Avoid high amount of vitamin C
At House of Doctors, you can receive consultations from the topmost urologists and renal surgeons in Mumbai. Also, HOD ensures that you’re treated using the right and the most advanced medical techniques which involve minimum invasion. All this is done by taking utmost care of your comfort at all times.
In most cases, our doctors don’t suggest surgery until the stone has outgrown to an abnormal size or there are chances of infection. Usually, kidney stones are treated using medicines and dietary changes.
However,shock-wave lithotripsy is required in some cases. It uses high-energy sound waves that fragment the stone into smaller pieces which are easily passed through the urine. Percutaneous nephrolithotomy is required in rare cases.
House of Doctors has always aimed to enhance the level of healthcare in India, especially Mumbai. With its dedicated team of seasoned surgeons, outstanding infrastructure and prolific medical staff, your healthcare satisfaction is ascertained. State-of-the-art medical facilities, documentation-free admission process, easy pick and drop facilities allow you to get treated at Mumbai’s topmost super-specialty hospitals under the care of leading surgeons.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *