Kidney stones are solid masses composed of tiny crystals. You can have one or more stones in the kidney or in the ureter at the same time. Leading urologists at House of Doctors explain that smaller stones usually pass undetected through the urine and cause no symptoms. However, if their size becomes more than 3 millimeters, they can block the ureter and cause pain. Therefore, it’s essential for you to know the best treatment method for you.
For enhancing your healthcare, House of Doctors advises you to consult one of our reliable urologists for availing the best kidney stone treatment in Mumbai.
What causes kidney stones?
Our empanelled surgeons always believe in understanding the underlying cause of kidney stones before suggesting you the perfect line of treatment. These can be caused by a single factor or there can be multiple factors. As explained by our physicians, kidney stones are caused by -
- Not consuming sufficient volume of water
- Poor lifestyle with lack of exercise
- Holding back urine
- Consumption of proteins higher than RDA value
- Eating high oxalates foods
- Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Misuse of diuretic pills and calcium based antacids
Are you having these symptoms? You might have kidney stones!
Renal surgeons at House of Doctors have successfully treated hundreds of kidney stone cases. As per their knowledge, kidney stone symptoms vary from person to person and depends on the size and location (whether in kidney or ureter) of it.
Our doctors explain that if you have been experiencing the following symptoms, you might be at risk of having a kidney stone -
- Painful urination
- Bad odour from urine
- Blood before and after passing urine
- Fever with chills
- Pain in the lower abdomen and belly
- Cloudiness in urine
- Lower back pain
- Burning sensation in urine
Contact the House of Doctors and say goodbye to your kidney stones!
How is your kidney stone diagnosed?
Depending on the seriousness of your symptoms, our doctor might suggest you certain diagnostic tests for a better overview -
- Blood tests: High levels of calcium and uric acid are indicative of kidney stones. Blood tests will also reveal the health of your kidneys.
- Urine tests: Your urine sample may suggest the presence of kidney stones by detecting the presence of stone-forming minerals in your urine.
- CT Scans, Ultrasound, X-ray imaging: Dual energy or high speed computerized tomography (CT), X-ray imaging and non-invasive ultrasound can help detect even the smallest of kidney stones.
Enhanced kidney Stone treatment methods
House of Doctors has been a leading name in surgical expertise owning futuristic technology for accurately diagnosing all kinds of kidney stones. This allows us to provide the most advanced laser treatments for your kidney stones. Not only this, HOD has earned the reputation of a trustworthy healthcare provider for availing best kidney stone treatment in Indore as well.
Our surgeons might suggest any of the following methods-
- Lithotripsy: Dornier lithotripter-Delta model Shock waves-induction are used by our medical experts for breaking down large stones. These are then easily passed through the urine. Our urologist might prescribe certain medications after the treatment.
- Tunnel surgery (Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy): In this method, our surgeon makes a small incision in the back. Kidney stones are then from the back by one of our expert surgeons.
- Intra-Renal flexible stone surgery and laser treatment: Our surgeon uses flexible scopes to remove the stones. This is done after breaking them into minute pieces. Since the process uses laser energy to fragment the kidney stone, the process involves no pain and blood loss. Moreover, the patient is usually discharged in just 48 hours.
- Keyhole or Laparoscopic surgery: Some kidney stones are effectively removed by our surgeons using minimally invasive keyhole procedures which involve no scar and pain.
- Micro PCNL, PERC, Ultra Mini PERC: Minimally invasive techniques with excellent results.
Choose House of Doctors, Choose Reliability
House of Doctors is one the leading healthcare partners for over 10,000 people in Mumbai. We own a team of India’s top most urology surgeons, working in leading super-speciality hospitals with most advanced infrastructure.
Our procedures are minimally invasive which offer guaranteed recovery and a stress-free environment. Our team works round the clock to ensure that you receive unmatched kidney stone treatment without worries.
At House of Doctors, you’re bound to receive the best treatment from highly expert urologists. We offer -
- Comprehensive healthcare and assistance
- 100% safe and permanent cure for kidney stones
- Quality medical infrastructure and support staff
- Seasoned surgeons